The 30th anniversary season of the festival took place under exceptional circumstances in September, as in the previous year. Despite the still difficult pandemic situation, it lived up to its tradition and expectations and brought several major names in the international music scene to the Czech Republic. After 10 years, the world-class opera singer Maestro Plácido Domingo returned to Český Krumlov. His concert with asoprano Adriana Kučerová and mezzo-soprano Štěpánka Pučálková spectacularly opened the festival. Adam Plachetka completed the pleiad of the brightest opera stars with his concert in the Castle Riding Hall. The end of the festival belonged to the phenomenal Spanish violinist Leticia Moreno and the Violin Concerto in A Minor on the occasion of Antonín Dvořák‘s 180th birthday.
This year, the Festival Zone opened for the first time. It offered 6 weeks of attractive activities for visitors and the general public, such as painting, summer cinema, concerts, and outdoor. More than 16,000 spectators visited the zone during the festival. This anniversary season was crowned with a release of a documentary and a book illustrating the festival‘s 30-year history.
- 31 / 07 / 2021 Dan Brown – Wild Symphony
- 04 / 09 / 2021 Plácido Domingo and his guests
- 05 / 09 / 2021 Organ matinée with Pavel Kohout
- 08 / 09 / 2021 Škampa String Quartet
- 09 / 09 / 2021 Finalists of the competition Virtuosos V4+
- 10 / 09 / 2021 Legend of world jazz Billy Cobham
- 12 / 09 / 2021 Herold Quartet
- 15 / 09 / 2021 Evening with Antonio Vivaldi
- 16 / 09 / 2021 Jan Čmejla – Young Virtuoso
- 17 / 09 / 2021 Adam Plachetka and his guests
- 18 / 09 / 2021 Closing concert – Leticia Moreno