Linecká, 381 01 Český Krumlov 1-Plešivec
Show on map
The 2.5 hectare park is located in the centre of Český Krumlov, on the left bank of the Vltava River. Since the end of the 16th century, the area of the present park has been a place of relaxation and a garden. It was used by the Jesuits, whose dormitory stood on the opposite bank. Extensive changes in the landscaping and use took place at the turn of the 19th and 20th centuries, when the so-called Jesuit Garden became municipal property. Today, in addition to interesting trees and greenery, the park also features a playground for children, fitness elements for adults, a refreshment area in the summer, and you can also refresh yourself in the river and use the small beach and pier with steps into the water.
The Music Pavilion was built during the second phase of the construction of the city park between 1924 and 1930 and served as a venue for promenade music concerts as well as a place to sit and relax. Today, the gazebo is occasionally a venue for wedding ceremonies.
Chapel of St. Martin
The original cemetery chapel was founded in 1585 as a wooden chapel, together with a new cemetery, which was moved to this place from the church of St. Vitus. The new St Martin’s Chapel was built in 1717. The cemetery was here until 1892, when it was closed in connection with the creation of the town park. Today the chapel is used for occasional concerts and wedding ceremonies.